ALL THE FEELS on COMMISSIONS
Okay, so this is exciting......I'm so happy to be discussing the possibility of a custom piece with you.
Here is the rundown:
First, we can discuss what you're looking for + your expectations. I want to know if you have a subject or theme in mind & if this is for you personally or a gift. It's important for me to understand the desire, the emotion behind the piece. I'll ask you to provide answers to the list of questions below about the piece + provide some imagery + color feedback. I can then tell you more about my process & we can decide if your expectations + my skills intersect so we can then move forward.
It is important for you to understand that my work will be similar to previous works as this is my "style" + I will do my best to provide you with the vision you have within those parameters.
- What size unframed piece are you hoping for?
- Provide any specific inspirational images, colors + designs you want.
- Describe the mood for the piece: Happy, Serene, Brooding, Hopeful, Melancholy (use whatever words you want).
- List 2 colors you want included + 2 you do not want included.
- Do you already have a frame in mind that I need to consider? If so, what size is the frame opening?
- Is there anything else that you want me to know?
- Pricing is based on size + scope of the piece. I can provide you with pricing after the Checklist is complete + we have finalized our initial communication phase.
- I require a 50% non-refundable deposit prior to starting on the piece. Once this is paid, I will then schedule it on my calendar + give you a date of completion.
- I need 3-6 weeks* to purchase & prepare supplies + materials & complete the piece. *This does not include additional time required for shipping/delivery.
- I will provide you with a color scheme for your approval prior to starting the piece. Prompt responses will allow the schedule to remain on track.
- I do not provide framing on commissions but can offer suggestions on style, methods + framers.
- Final 50% payment is due prior to delivery.
- Sales tax will be charged where applicable.
- Shipping/delivery fees will be billed separately.
- Since this is a custom piece, all sales are final.
Please email the Commission Checklist answers to me at: email@example.com
Once we have decided to work together, I will provide you a Commission Contract to sign that includes the above information along with an invoice for your initial payment.
I can't wait to get started!! Thank you so much for the opportunity!